iziImport is an Adobe InDesign Add-on to import content from WordPress or any CMS to Adobe InDesign.
With iziImport, you can turn any WordPress post into an InDesign article in a one-click process. It's ready to use with WordPress, but you are free to change it to use with your CMS.
How much is iziImport?
The price of iziImport is $5.95/Monthly (1-month free trial).
Which Adobe InDesign versions are supported?
iziImport requires InDesign CC.
Which databases are supported?
Currently allows connection to MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server, although more databases will be coming soon.
How to install?
Step 1. Make sure you have installed the Creative Cloud Desktop App. Add-ons require the Creative Cloud Desktop App and at least one compatible Adobe application to be installed. If you have not already installed the Creative Cloud Desktop App you can get it from https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/download/creative-cloud
Step 1. Create the tags title, text, image and caption to identify each content element where you want to import. From InDesign choose Window > Utilities > Tags to open the Tags panel and click the New Tag button on the Tags panel.
Step 2. Tag page items with manual tagging. Select a frame or text frame, and then click a tag in the Tags panel.
Step 3. To import content successfully into your InDesign document, check that the page items are correctly tagged (title, text, image and caption). And check that the elements has been added to the article before importing (to create an article, you must select the frames and text frames of the article and click the New Article button in the InDesign Articles Panel).
You can also import your content without tagging the page items (*), just select the frames and click the Import button:
* Tagging of page items is recommended, but not required (they are automatically tagged on import).
Which specific tags should I use?
title for the title or post name.
text for the main text.
image for images.
caption for captions.
Any image must be grouped with its corresponding caption.
1.0.3 version (2022-04-29)
- Remove all attributes from basic HTML tags.
- Add the RemoveTag() function to remove a tag and its content.
- Fix hyperlinks problem due to http.
1.0.2 version (2021-10-26)
- Better database connection performance.
1.0.1 version (2021-10-01)
- Import your content without tagging the page items:
1) Select the main frames of an article (title, text, image, and caption) and then click the Import button.
2) If these frames are grouped, you can select the group and then click Import.
3) If these frames have been added to an article, you can select any frame and then click Import.
- Import multiple posts in the same text frame (News in Brief).
- Search posts by title.